Jordan Area Community Council (JACC) is seeking a dynamic, experienced individual for the position of Executive Director for the organization. The job description and instructions on how to apply are below.
JORDAN AREA COMMUNITY COUNCIL (JACC)
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
SUPERVISED BY: Board Chair & Executive Committee
TITLES SUPERVISED: All Staff
SALARY GRADE: $45K-$55K Dependent on Experience
The Executive Director provides leadership, vision, direction, and administration for the Jordan Area Community Council in fulfilling its mission. The Executive Director is the primary representative of the agency in the community and is directly responsible for its success. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Keeps the Board and Board Chair fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing the organization. With the assistance of the Chair and Board, develop meeting agendas and annual calendars to address crucial issues and to ensure that the board fulfills its responsibilities.
- Oversee Human Resource Administration. Ensure that an effective management team and staff is in place and functions to its fullest potential. Provide leadership for Equal Employment Opportunity in all areas of employment according to national, state and local personnel standards, guidelines and laws.
- Ensure compliance with EEOC andADAto include State and City certifications are received. Maintain a climate which attracts, retains and motivates high quality individuals, both professional and volunteer.
- Direct Fiscal Management. Responsible for the Council’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives including all fundraising for the organization. Oversee financial planning and forecasting; prepare and implement an annual budget to ensure achievement of the Council’s goals and that funds are allocated properly to reflect current needs and future demands. Manage and monitor budgets across departmental lines.
- Work for the involvement with each Board member to include recruitment and orientation to the agency. Collaborate with the Chair of the Board and Committee chairs to ensure that Board committees function effectively. Coordinate, facilitate and attend all Board meetings, Executive Committee and other committee meetings as required.
- Lead the planning process. Ensure the nonprofit visionary philosophy and purposes are practiced throughout the organization. Ensure that annual and long range plans are developed and implemented and that goals and objectives are achieved. Formulate plans for Board approval and administer major policies. Demonstrate leadership through Strategic Planning.
- Oversee Community Relations and Membership. Develop and maintain sound relationships with other community organizations, planning agencies and funding agencies, government agencies and officials and the general public. Serve as spokesperson for the nonprofit and see that it is properly presented to its various publics.
- Manages all Day-to-Day Operations as necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in Business Administration, Social Work, Not-for-profit Administration or related disciplines required. Masters Degree in Business Administration, Social Work, Not-for-profit Administration is highly desired. Professional development in supervisory management is highly desired.
Work Experience: 10+ years of experience in Non-Profit management. Proven track record in successful personnel, fiscal and fundraising management. Significant experience with direct responsibility for financial budgeting and oversight of budgets of organization. 5+ years of supervisory experience. Strong relationship development and leadership capabilities Experience in a non-profit setting focusing on community development, organizing or grassroots issues is highly desired.
- Dealing with confidential information
- Mandatory overtime or hours significantly beyond normal work day/week
- Tight deadlines
- Interruptions to work flow
- Dealing with unfavorable weather conditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with employees, colleagues and manager.
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and references to:
Jordan Area Community Council
Attn: Executive Director Search Committee
2900 Fremont Avenue N, Suite 108
Minneapolis, MN 55411