June 4th, 2013 Housing Committee Meeting Minutes
Cathy Spann (staff)
Sandy’Ci Moua (staff)
Chad Dipman (Habitat for Humanity)
Nicole Curtis and 2 staff
I. 6:30-6:40pm: Call to order: 6:42pm
· Last month’s meeting minutes: agreed to approve via email after meeting.
· Approve agenda: approved with addition of Nicole Curtis to agenda.
II. 6:40-6:50pm: Habitat for Humanity (Chad Dipman)
A) 2212 Irving Ave. N. house:
· Shared driveway with 2210 house. Starting construction in August 2013. Brush if on property. Empty lot. Bought privately- not land sale. 2 car garage.
· Slatted window awnings. To have sun shade in summer and allow winter sun in. Asking for a letter of support.
B) 3026 Morgan Ave. N. house:
· will be demo’d. groundbreaking Sept 2013
· Update from Chad: 2 shed dormers on level 2 might be possible. Interested in starting last Fall 2014.
· Joel: would like Habitat homes to reflect existing home designs.
· Chad: will be willing to return next month
· Joel: suggests Habitat look at 3015 Morgan house to see if it’s salvageable.
· Jeff: suggests that when 3015 Morgan comes up – we take a hard look to see if it can be salvaged.
· Cathy: asks Chad for timeline of these properties: 2920 Morgan, etc.
· Chad: mentions that Habitat has about 6 properties that they have not yet purchased but plan to.
III. Nicole Curtis:
· Nicole: 3248 Dupont house is being demo’d by city even though Nicole spent 4 months trying to acquire the house. Willing to donate time to volunteer time to give design recommendations. 54 demos set for 1st quarter of 2013 = $1 mill. Demo fees suggests focusing first on vacant lots vs demo’ing. She is currently working on 2 homes: 1900 25th Ave and 2914 North 4th St.
IV. Property to discuss
2907 Knox Ave. N:
· Deb and Joel took a look: roof damage and mold smell. Archway is only remaining significant detail.
· Joel: need to gut it down to studs n rebuild and suggests to make a motion to support the renovation of this structure contingent upon the review n recommendation of an independent structural contractor
Motion made and seconded: to support of the preservation of this property while we have this property reviewed by an independent contractor. ($34,900 current price. Motion voted and approved.
V. Housing Committee main goals:
· Agreement: to be tabled to next meeting due to time constraints (7:57pm)
A) Dirty Thirty (integrating Housing Assessment info):
· Agreement: to be tabled to next meeting due to time constraints
· Agreement to extend meeting past 8pm
B) Variance and CPED Disposition:
· No set CPED timeline to finalize and implement this.
· Chic: proposes that JACC pose a question to Mayoral or City Council candidates: “How would you handle code enforcement issues?”
Motion made and seconded: return to CPED with our original proposal and JACC modify or rescind the 45-day waiver. Motion voted and approved.
VII. Chair updates- May 2013 Board meeting
VIII. Other business/community input
IX. Adjourned at 8:27pm
SUMMARY OF MOTIONS:
· Motion made and seconded: to support of the preservation of this property while we have this property reviewed by an independent contractor. ($34,900 current price. Motion voted and approved.
· Motion made and seconded: return to CPED with our original proposal and JACC modify or rescind the 45-day waiver. Motion voted and approved.