Did you know this week is YOUTH VIOLENCE PREVENTION week?
Here are some helpful tips and online resources so YOU can prevent youth violence and promote peace.
1) YES, you can anonymously report potential violence in our community please CALL 1.866.SPEAK.UP.
2) Check out Minneapolis Public Schools’ helpful website with a training toolkit and more: http://sss.mpls.k12.mn.us/
3) Look at national organization S.A.V.E. (Students Against Violence Everywhere) where they also have free tools and tips: http://nationalsave.org/event/national-youth-violence-prevention-week/
4) Watch this helpful video that identifies bullying (part of youth violence) and how to prevent or stop it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2loKRwZoH1w&feature=player_embedded
5) Stop Bullying- an federal initiative and program offer many bully prevention and education sources online: http://www.stopbullying.gov/