JACC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
September 14, 2011, 6:30-8:00pm
JACC House, 2009 James Ave N, Minneapolis
- Quorum was reached and meeting called to order at 6:37pm.
Members Present: Lynn Riskedal, Megan Goodmundson, Dave Haddy, Dennis Wagner, Amy Blenker, Kathleen Gulley, Polly Peterson.
Members Absent: Todd Heintz, Mike McCluskey (non-voting)
- Approval of meeting minutes for Aug 2011. Megan motioned to approve both minutes. Dave seconded. Motion passed.
- Additions to the Agenda. Megan Goodmundson motioned and Dave Haddy seconded a motion to approve agenda. Motion passed.
Kathleen Gulley arrived. Becky Boland from the East Gateway Partnership presented on the desire to have JACC donate $2,000 to the Minneapolis police department to fund cell phones for officers. Dennis Wagner made a motion to support the request. Megan Goodmundson seconded the motion. Motion passed 6-1. Amy Blenker voted nay.
- Chair’s Announcements.
- No action taken.
- No action taken.
- Megan Goodmundson motioned and Dave Haddy seconded to appoint Lynn Riskedal to the Northside Neighborhood Collaborative. Amy Blenker motioned to approve the guiding principles. Polly entered the meeting. Motioned died for lack of a second. Megan Goodmundson, Dennis Wagner and Dave Haddy suggested that we add stronger language to the guiding principles. The chair requested the Dennis and Megan re-draft language that would be sufficient.
- Dave Haddy motioned and Polly seconded a motion to support the unfreezing of JACC’s NRP housing dollars. Motion passed unanimously.
- New Business
- Kathleen Gulley presented information that she received while serving on the NCRT committee
- NRP neighborhood election will be taking place November 17th.
Megan nominated Polly to serve as JACC’s elector. Polly seconded. Motion passed.
- Strategic Planning-status report. No action taken.
- Committee Reports
- Nominations Committee: Megan presented details on the Oct 20 annual meeting.
- Personnel TF. Amy Blenker presented information stating that the personnel TF had made decisions regarding the hiring of staff. Megan moved for the personnel committee to continue with the hiring process, screen candidates down to 3-5 candidates per position and invite all board members to interviews. Polly seconded. Motion passed 8-0. Discussion around the funding available was discussed. Kathleen agreed to begin sketching out a rough operating budget for the new hires. Dennis agreed to determine whether the budget would be sufficient for both hires.
- Treasurer’s report. Dennis presented info on recent activity. No action taken.
- Property ad hoc Committee. No action.
- Safety Committee. No action.
- Housing Committee. Alliance is looking for a letter of support for 2627 and 2729 Newton Ave. Polly motioned and Megan seconded a motion to send a letter. Motion passed.
- Communications Committee. No report.
- Events Committee-Clean Sweep. No report.
- Adjourn. Dave Haddy motioned and Amy seconded a motion to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 8:18pm. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned at 8:19 pm.